Apple TV is a streaming device that comes preloaded with over 100 apps right out of the box. Some of the popular streaming services you get on the Apple TV include, Netflix, ESPN, YouTube TV, Disney Plus, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO Now, just to mention a few.
Apple TV can also watch live TV from a variety of sources, as it supports Hulu Live TV, Philo, Sling TV, and FuboTV. So, whatever service you need, Apple TV has you covered.
In addition to watching ESPN+, Disney+, and other Live TVs, the Apple TV can do a lot of other things.
How Does Apple TV Work In Work?
Apple TV, like all streaming media centers, uses your internet connection to stream content online.
To hook up your Apple TV with your home Television;
- Connect the device to your TV via the HDMI port.
- Plug your Apple TV into the power supply.
- Launch the Apple TV and sign in to your account.
The Apple TV is controlled by a special touch/voice remote. Swiping on the touchpad on the top of the remote controls navigation. By pressing the microphone button, you can also conduct a voice search.
Apple TV can be used without an Apple ID, but having one greatly enhances the experience. Connecting your device to an Apple ID allows you to buy movies, subscribe to services on the device, and more, in addition to accessing any media you purchased on iTunes.
What are the new features of Apple TV?
Older library titles have been upgraded to 4K.
The Apple TV’s 4K upgrade on video content purchased and rented through iTunes is a great feature. If you have a large library of iTunes movies that you’ve purchased over time, your device will automatically play them in the highest possible image quality. This free upgrade is a godsend for someone who spent a lot of money on DVDs only to spend even more money switching to BlueRay.
Siri’s Voice Remote
The Apple TV is controlled by a special touch/voice remote. To navigate, you need to swipe on the touchpad of the remote. You can also use voice search by pressing the microphone button to activate Siri.
Users can ask Siri to play specific shows, play songs, look up films starring or directed by actors or directors they like, and more. Before leaving the house, ask to see the weather report or pause your favorite show with a voice command. Siri is more than just a media player; it’s also a personal assistant with a little more privacy.
All iOS devices have built-in support for controlling your Apple TV. You’ll need to be on the same Wi-Fi network, but it’ll come in handy when your tiny Apple TV remote falls for the 400th time under your sofa. The iOS remote can also be used to access Siri voice search.
What is the cost of Apple TV in South Africa?
To use Apple TV in South Africa, you will have to pay a monthly subscription of R84. 99 after your first free 7-day trial.
Which Apps are on Apple TV In South Africa
- Netflix, Inc.
- Amazon Prime Video.
How to subscribe to Apple TV channels
- Open the Apple TV app.
- Go to Watch Now.
- Scroll down to Channels.
- Find a channel, then open it.
- Choose the Subscribe or Try It Free button.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to purchase a subscription to the channel. Forgot your Apple ID?
Why is there No App Store Icon on my Apple TV?
If your Apple TV doesn’t have an App Store, it’s likely a third-generation model or older. The App Store is not available on Apple TV 3rd generation or earlier, so it is not available on the Home screen. We recommend using AirPlay from your iPhone to stream content to your Apple TV rather than downloading apps.
How to Download Apps on an Apple TV
- Go to the App Store. You’ll see a few options for finding an app you want to download.
- A menu bar will appear at the top of your screen
- Click on the Search Icon.
- Enter the name of the app using the on-screen keyboard. You can also scroll left and right using the trackpad on your Apple TV remote while tapping letters to spell out the app you’re looking for. Alternatively, You can also use your iPhone keyboard to type text or do a voice search by pressing the microphone icon on your Siri remote.
- When the app appears in the list of options, select it.
- You’ll now see a description and price for the app; if you want to download it, click Buy.
- Click Get if the app is free.
- To complete this process, you may be asked to enter your Apple ID password.
- After the app has been downloaded, click Open to launch it.
One of the best premium streaming devices on the market is Apple TV. Its clean and simple interface makes it a user-friendly option for people of all ages. It may take a few moments to get used to the remote and menus, but once you do, you’ll be streaming in no time.
It’s also important to note that there are two different Apple TV models on the market right now. One is the Apple TV HD, which was released in 2015 and includes 1080p support, 32GB of storage, Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 4.0, and comes with a price of R2,400. The other is the Apple TV 4K 2nd Generation, which was released in 2021 and it sports a 4k display, 64GB of storage, Wi-Fi 6, and a starting price of R2,900.