We will be looking at the List of Research and Development Institutions in South Africa. These schools are involved in undertaking research across many disciplines. Interestingly there are numerous research and development institutions in South Africa, read through to find out about these institutes in South Africa.
The various research and development institutions in South Africa are involved in different research activities focusing on specific and unique research that tends to help make mankind better.
Without further ado, below is a comprehensive list of Research and Development Institutions in South Africa.
List of Research and Development Institutions in South Africa
- Africa Institute of South Africa
- Agricultural Research Council
- Atomic Energy Corporation of South Africa Ltd
- Council for Geoscience
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Information Services
- CSIR – Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
- Economic Policy Research Institute (EPRI)
- Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory
- Human Sciences Research Council
- Institute for the Study of Man in Africa
- Municipal Botanic Gardens
- Natal Institute of Immunology
- National Health Laboratory Service
- National Zoological Gardens of South Africa
- Research Institutes organizations in South Africa
- South Africa’s National Energy Research Institute (SANERI)
- South African Astronomical Observatory
- South African Brain Research Institute
- South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA)
- South African Medical Research Council
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of KwaZulu Natal
- University of Makerere
- University of the Witwatersrand
There you have the List of Research and Development Institutions in South Africa all of which are involved in different and unique research activities from the other. This goes to show that South Africa is home to the highest number of research and development institutes in Africa.
Also, these organizations are either government-owned or private owned and some are Non-governmental organizations. More so, these organizations are established to proffer solutions to several challenges facing mankind.
These organizations have different functionalities, for example, the Economic Policy Research Institute (EPRI) is a non-governmental organization known to carry out economic research and capacity-building for the public sector so as to help advance economic and socio-economic policies in the country.
South Africa’s National Energy Research Institute (SANERI) which is a public organization is saddled with the responsibility of coordinating and undertaking of public interest energy research, development and demonstration.
The South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA) is also a non-governmental research institute that concentrates on South Africa’s international relations. The organization has worked meaningfully on issues that are relating to climate change such as the politics of climate change, trade, and climate change, and the governance of Africa’s resources.
The Africa Institute of South Africa (AISA) is a non-profit organization established in Pretoria with the mandate of producing knowledge aimed at informing sustainable political and socio-economic development in Africa.
The National Health Laboratory Service was established as a merger of the South African Institute for Medical Research, the National Centre for Occupational Health, and the National Institute for Virology. The organization is established to support national and provincial health departments in the delivery of healthcare. As such, the agency has laboratories in all of South Africa’s nine provinces rendering services such as research, teaching, and training, production of Sera for Anti-Snake Venom, and Diagnostic Laboratory Services.
The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) was established with the aim to promote and improve health and the quality of life of the population of their country through research, development, and technology transfer.
South African Astronomical Observatory is regarded as the National Centre for Optical and Infrared Astronomy in South Africa overseeing by the National Research Foundation of South Africa. The organization’s function is to carry out research in astronomy and astrophysics.
This is just to discuss a few of the organizations including their functions and duties.
- Top 20 Free Online Courses In South Africa
- Requirements To Study Medicine In South Africa
- Types Of Lawyers In South Africa (In Demand) And Salaries
- How Much Does Chef School Cost In South Africa?
We have come to the end and from our discourse, I believe you now have an inkling of the several Research and Development Institutions in South Africa. These organizations are created with the aim of improving the quality of life of the South African population.