An IT3b is a tax certificate made out in your name and given to you by an institution such as a bank or financial services provider which will be a summary of any interests and dividends accrued to you, both from local and foreign sources, that you have earned by investing your money with one or more of these places.
It is a way of the institution vouching for you, and saying that you have to the best of their knowledge fulfilled your civic responsibilities and therefore presented your earnings to the government. It is the institution saying that your finances are clean and well documented. Your tax returns are not complete without providing your IT3b certificate, and so it could amount to a great disservice to yourself if you fail to completely and accurately provide all your tax information.
Thankfully, it is a lot easier now to have your IT3b is a tax certificate made out because you can get it directly from your bank, or similar financial institutions with whom you have money invested, and from whom you earn interest. In this post, I detailed how to get IT3b certificate from some major financial institutions in South Africa, including Nedbank, FNB, Standard Bank, and Capitec.
How To Get IT3b From Nedbank
Getting your IT3b certificate is easy. You just have to log in to your online banking. If you do not already have online banking, then first register for online banking, and then login. The process is simple. It is described below.
- Log in to your online banking. This is via your computer on the bank’s website.
- Select the account you need a tax certificate for. You know the account with which you receive your interests.
- Under ‘features’, select your statement delivery preference. You are looking for your IT3b certificate.
- Select your tax certificate for the required year. This is likely the current year.
- Download the tax certificate to your device. You can then print it out.
How To Get IT3b From FNB
Getting your IT3b tax certificate from FNB is also easy. Please register for online banking, and then log in with the details you registered with.
- Log in to your online banking profile with your computer.
- Click on my bank accounts.
- Select the relevant share investing account with which you receive dividends.
- Then you Select the menu on the left.
- Then you click on statements, and then on tax certificates.
- Check the tick box, then select the certificate you require (IT3b).
- Check that the details are correct and then click “confirm.”
- Select Finish to complete the process. You can then print.
How To Get IT3b From Standard Bank
To get your IT3b certificate from the standard bank, just log in to your internet banking, using your computer, and then follow these steps.
- Click on ‘statements.’
- Click on ‘It3b,’ understatements.
- After clicking on ‘IT3b. Click on ‘Select.’
- Then after that click on ‘retrieve’.
How To Get IT3b From Capitec
Obtaining your IT3b certificate from Capitec is just as easy as any anywhere else. However, you have to first have online banking with the bank. In order to do that you have to first register an online banking profile with the bank. After that, you log in to the bank’s website and follow these prompts.
- Log in to your online banking.
- Click on my banking.
- Then look for “I want to view my certificate of interest.”
- Then choose the year for which you want the certificate.
- Download and then print.
How to Get IT3b From ABSA
ABSA has recently stated that IT3b certificates can be obtained from its online banking portal. In order to get this please follow these steps.
- Login to the ABSA online banking system.
- Click on your account.
- Click on statesments.
- Enter the time frame.
- Download and print.
The IT3b certificate is easy to get these days, all you need is your computer, internet connection, and an online banking profile with your bank. That’s the major thing it takes on how to get IT3B certificate from FBN App, Capitec, Nedbank, and Standard Bank. You identify your bank and then follow the instructions as provided above. If you have multiple accounts with the bank, then ensure that you click on the particular account associated with your interest-bearing and stock investments.
Please remember that as a matter of law, you are required to provide all your interest-bearing investments to the government as a good citizen. That requires you to ensure that you are accountable; it is a lot easier to be accountable if you ensure that you put all your investments, dividends, and annuities into one particular bank account. this is not to say that you should only have one bank account; no matter how many banks you use, and how many accounts you may have; just channel your earnings to one place, so that you can better account for them.
When using your online banking it is better to always use your personal computer. After login and download the document, you may then take it to a computer center in order to print out the document necessary. Please ensure that you maintain all safety protocols when assessing sensitive information.